Friday, March 21, 2008

What's up with all the white space?

This has been bugging me for a while. I go to a blog site, like PZ Myer's blog Pharyngula, and I have to scroll down literally a foot of white space to get to the actual blog posting.

The blog is great, but I really do consider this a design flaw. And it's not just PZ's blog. Several other blogs I frequent also have this issue.

Is this so people are forced to look at the links in the left or right side of the Web site? Is it a flaw in the blog software being used? Or is it because my Version 6.0.2 of Internet Explorer is just too old to render new-fangled blog technology properly?

Can anyone help me out?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try the Firefox browser with Adblock Plus extension. Not only do I not see whitespace at the top, I also don't see the ads. :-)

Carrie P said...

Ah-ha! so it *IS* IE mucking with the page...

I'll see what I can do to download Firefox @ home. Cannot @ work, though.

Thanks for the advice!